OUR COMMITMENT TO HEALTH AND SAFETY
AMS energy recognizes and accepts its health and safety duties for providing a safe and healthy working environment (as far as is reasonably practicable) for all its workers (paid or volunteer) and other visitors to its premises under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regulations 1997, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, other relevant legislation and common law duties of care.
Throughout this Statement, terms such as “staff”, “workers”, “employees”, include both paid and volunteer workers.
It is the policy of AMS energy to promote the health and safety of the committee members, volunteers, staff and of all visitors to the Groups/Organisation’s premises (“the Premises”) and to that intent to:
- Take all reasonably practicable steps to safeguard the health, safety, and welfare of all personnel on the premises;
- Provide adequate working conditions with proper facilities to safeguard the health and safety of personnel and to ensure that any work which is undertaken produces no unnecessary risk to health or safety;
- Encourage persons on the premises to co-operate with the Organisation in all safety matters, in the identification of hazards that may exist, and in the reporting of any condition which may appear dangerous or unsatisfactory;
- Ensure the provision and maintenance of plant, equipment, and systems of work that are safe;
- Maintain safe arrangements for the use, handling, storage, and transport of articles and substances;
- Provide sufficient information, instruction, training, and supervision to enable everyone to avoid hazards and contribute to their own safety and health;
- Provide specific information, instruction, training, and supervision to personnel who have particular health and safety responsibilities (e.g a person appointed as a Health and Safety Officer or Representative);
- Make, as reasonably practicable, safe arrangements for protection against any risk to the health and safety of the general public or other persons that may arise for the Groups/Organisation’s activities;
- Make suitable and sufficient assessment of the risks to the health and safety of employees and of persons not in the employment of the Groups/Organisation arising out of or in connection with the Groups/Organisation’s activities;
- Make a specific assessment of risks in respect of new or expectant mothers and young people under the age of eighteen;
- Provide information to other employers of any risks to which those employer’s workers on the Groups/Organisation’s premises may be exposed.
Address: 27 Mbonu Street dline Port Harcourt, Rivers State
(234) 91 686 947 18
(234) 81 436 052 41
(234) 70 316 832 13